View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 10:45 PM   #865
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Steering Adapter Plates

You must use the pitman arm that is for the particular power steering box that you are using. You can NOT use the pitman arm from your original manual steering box.

The rag joint always bolts directly to the steering box input shaft. That is unless for some reason you are eliminating the rag joint all together and using a universal joint.

I will send you a PM with ordering and payment info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubsster View Post
Hi Captain.

I am getting the parts together to do the power steering swap. I used 72 C10 spindles and steering column when I did my power brakes/automatic trans swap. I have an undated power steering box that is standard so I am assuming 70's. Can I use my current pitman arm on the power box? Also since I have the collapsible column, I assume I should be able to just mount the rag joint to the box. Please PM with payment info for the plate and hardware. Also any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote