View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 03:24 PM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Daily Driving a Square Suburban

Yes, it's an 8-lug K2500 350 TBI/4L80E with hydroboost brakes. The '91 was a 6.2. I am just as safe in the '95 as the '91. Squarebodies and older speak to me more but that's what I don't want to take one and rot it up. I actually really like the GMT400s, they proved themselves quite worthy of the classic GM truck label being very very reliable and tough. They are not all that different compared to looking at what came after. Not so complicated and they still had real one piece chrome all steel bumpers. I love the solid axles but as time has proven the IFS holds up to what you throw at it. Lifting is a weak point. I learned to accept them with just 2" of lift from cranking the torsion bars and no bigger than 285/75s or 255/85s. The lifts for the IFS are just spaced up BS that leaves you with the same stock suspension... lift the body or drop suspension from frame. If I wanted a 4" lift I'd do a sold axle swap. The GMT400 Suburbans look like a Squarebody at a glance when lifted. The 4wds just don't look like 4wds when stock...although the 8-luggers do sit up a bit more. Solid axle is what I had planned with mine, but have since decided to just run it. I'm wanting to get something older for three seasons and keep the '95 for my winter driver. I bought it out of northern GA with a totally clean body and underneath.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote