View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 AM   #33
cmabolt

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Ok, so been workin on the truck again. Had to take a hiatus to Santa Fe for a few days but have a had a solid week to make some progress. I ended up moving the trans/motor forward almost 2 inches. When done I was 19.5" from Pacific fab crossmember to front of forward crossmember. This gave me plenty of space in front of the firewall and in front of the motor.

I slotted the frame to make sliding the trans back and forth easier. I will reinforce this area after the frame gets blasted.

As luck would have it, the positioning of the motor made it possible for me to keep the original brake hose holes.

I will also be able to mount the bump stops in their original location with some cutting

I was also able to get the axles pulled and my dana 44 cleaned up and ready for the gear switch to 373's.
New moog ball joints

Tore out the old HO52. what a beast. btw, pick'r up and she's yours if anybody is interested. The dana 60 I prepped a while back is going in to replace her.

And now for the cab removal.

So at last down to the frame. I think I'm gonna fill some holes and get her ready for blasting.