View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #25
8lugnutz

Re: 1980 Chevy K10 LWB Project

Now that the A/C is running, it is a lot quieter in the cab, although I did notice that there is a lot of noise from the wing vents now. Since I had new rubber for them, decided that I would go ahead and change them out. Boy did I open a can of worms there....

Pulled the drivers door panel off to replace the inside window gasket first, that wasn't too difficult. Then pulled the wing vent out of the door so that I could replace the gasket. That was a bit of a challenge with the window still in there, but I eventually got it out. I have the gasket for all edges around the wing vent, but noticed that some of the original rubber is held in by little rivets, and the new rubber doesn't have holes for it. I had to drill them out to pull the old rubber, but that's about as far as I got before I had to quit. Will be picking it back up this evening and posting with some pictures.

My wife told me I spent too much time on Facebook. So I bought an old truck. Now she wishes I was on Facebook, it was cheaper.
8lugnutz is offline   Reply With Quote