View Single Post
Old 12-17-2023, 02:00 PM   #19
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Performance Steering & Handling?

One of the drawbacks of the S10 package for all out autocross is the narrow front track. The narrow track along with a frame wide enough for a V8 means short control arms (Relatively speaking) which makes it harder to keep the wheel geometry in the sweet spot with bolt on parts.

The factory control arm mounting is poor and results in bump steer issues. Unless one addresses that there is no reason to convert to rack and pinon steering.

UMI makes non-adjustable upper and lower tubular control arms (The lowers with taller ball joints to help with the bump steer ). They should help make the 3" drop you want more livable as I believe they will give you more wheel travel at ride height than the factory control arms will.

If I remember correctly if you have power steering the 1990's vintage Jeep Grand Cherokee steering box is one of the best steering box upgrades.

I've just bought a second first gen S10 Blazer so I will be starting a repair thread for it here in the desolation of S10 land.

Photo of the first S10 better known at our house as the Stink 10
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 12-17-2023 at 02:18 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote