View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #3
1958Warrior

Re: Camaro drivetrain alignment ???

Yes clip is squared and leveled. Issue is not with getting the motor leveled.

Its with how to get it centered or offset to get the correct parallel angle and what that angle is actually suppose to be.

The Camaro sub frame off sets the motor to the passenger side from the factory. with the trans cross member centering the tail of the trans , I 'm actually getting an angle back toward the rear drivers side tire opposite the pinion which is also offset to the passengers side .

I've seen builds where they use the factory mount locations and have their trans tail several inches below the frame. Also seen motors raised with the tail level with the frame, just don't know if they also offset their trans toward the pass. side? or raise it and move the motor over ? Talking about roughly 1/2".

Seems like if I offset the trans cross member a 1/2" I should get a straight shot to the pinion. I'm leaning towards this route. just not sure if this was the original factory way it was set up .

I tend to over think things, really seems like to center everything motor and trans makes the most sense , but then the rear pinion offset cannot be so ?
I haven't found any info on the 2 plane driveline set up .

looking at this site there are 2 plane angle drive lines just shows a picture no info on set up.

http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cata..._problems.html
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote