View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
1958Warrior

Re: Camaro drivetrain alignment ???

Ogre , I have the cab on, I wanted to make sure I had clearance on the cab as well as with the drive shaft before welding things in. The issue that I'm debating is weather to offset every thing to the Pass. side a 1/2' to match the rear .I plan on raising the motor 2" up from stock location to give the oil pan clearance and keep the trans up also. This levels the motor at 0* on the carb intake and gives me my 4*down going off the machined surface bottom of the block and the front cam surface .
I'm using a bare block with my tranny core for mock up.
Looks like I'll need to modify my trans cover or get a 3 speed one. drive shaft should clear the frame cross bracing.
The Camaro clip and rear has been done probably 1000's of times . I was just trying to figure out what the Camaro geometry was to start with. Also what others have done.I'm thinking everything was offset and not a 2 plane driveline.

Fastoys , I don't want to learn the hard way (like I normally do) either.

The more I drink , I mean think about it, the more offsetting everything makes more sense, it will offset the weight of the drivers butt , and the fender mounted spare tire, and my ice chest.
I've seen tons of 4x4's lifted up with steep angles on their drive shafts, got me thinking it has to be hard on their u joints.
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote