View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 08:41 AM   #34
KevinK7

Re: '68 C20 396 4sp Utility ...resurrection :)

Thanks for the comments, you brought this thread from hibernation, I haven't posted in a while since my focus has shifted to my garage build.
Not too many updates with the truck, just been driving it now and then when the weather is good.
A couple things to note:.
I don't think I followed up on a 'carb' issue I had. I had my original carb rebuilt, then had some issues with float sticking, dumping fuel all over. It turns out the pickup 'sock' on the sending unit was completely 'disinigrated', and you can imagine where those pieces ended up, yes even with filter inCarb. Once I replaced that, issue resolved, truck has been running fine.

The only other update I can think of (and I don't even have any pics of it on the truck) is the tailgate. With the utility bed, I did find a "READING" tailgate, but wanted to change it. So, I found a 'donor' stepside gate and with the help of a friend we did some cutting and welding.
My truck came has a "Special Paint" code, and what appears to be darn close match is Ash Gold used on the '68 Camaro (it has more of a green hue than gold), so that's what I painted the gate with.

The donor as it was in the junk yard: