View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #20
Bdb68

Re: 1968 Custom Camper Duramax

Thanks guys, I cant take credit for all the welding. All of the heavy welding was done by my buddy Mike.
I have just about figured out the brakes and steering. I started with a hydro boost unit from a 2005 gas 2500 Chevy, I assume they are the same as a Duramax truck. I cut the studs off of the mounting bracket and drilled holes to match the studs coming out of the 68's fire wall. I removed the clocking tabs on the bracket so I could spin the bracket upside down to better align with the 68's studs. I had to enlarge the hole in the firewall so the large nut from the hydro boost would fit. I used the stock 05 lines from the power steering pump to the hydro boost. The 05 line from the hydro boost to the steering box had to be modified. The late model lines are O-ring and my steering box is flare. So I simply cut off the o-ring, and flared the end. I had to do a little modification to use the nut off the 05, but I would recommend finding the old style nut made for a flared line. I then used my old return line from the steering box to pump and the 05 hose from the hydro boost to the pump. If anyone wants a better explanation or more pictures of this just ask.
Attached Images

1972 Crew Cab Project
Bdb68 is offline   Reply With Quote