View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 12:33 AM   #23
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Re: Move a gun safe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyoldman View Post
I wish I had the the money to hire them. Those fellas are some hard arse workers. For now I have to look past them as I leave the parking lot. My hat is off to them. They will stand on a corner all day for an opportunity to feed their family. If anyone wants to hand money out their car window that's the place to do it, not freeway exits or intersections IMO.
Don't get me wrong som, I agree. I just have a problem these days having people without a license to do buisness at my home doing work. There are outrageous amounts of breakins around these parts these days.

I just finished framing my 700 square foot addition 4th of July weekend about 10 years ago. If you know where I live you know it was HOT HOT HOT! I was doing a tear off of my old roof on the existing house so I could roof the house and addition. I realized we were in need of additional labor, I sent my Pop's (and El Jay to translate) to HomeDepot and had him fill his 9 passenger van with day laborers... I just don't know if I would do that today.

I have folks going through my trash every week for recycles, it is a different world out there.