View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #70
C-10cutty

Re: Complete T5 swap thread - one way to skin the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
socaljess, sorry late reply - crgrs is right, much info on page 1, but to answer your question - "it depends"... If you get a 93, you can have the added bonus of a WC trans' strength compared to non-WC. But, you will have to swap in a non-electronic speedo assembly. Not real sure how all that magic works because that's how my trans came from the swap meet (thank goodness...). If you're not gonna burn rubber at every light, an earlier S10 trans - mid-80's would fit the bill and also come with the mech speedo. Again, the IDEAL, if you happen to stumble across it, it a Camaro WC T5 with an S10 tailshaft housing - no spacer required and a little extra strength. But, hard to find, usually from someone else's project that went south... Hope that helps!

Remember to check how far off your speedo is when all done (with a GPS or pacer car, etc). Shouldn't technically change how far off yoru speedo was BEFORE the swap (i.e. you're reading from the final drive of the trans), but just good to know afterward.

This is what I'd like to do this winter if I get the parts put together. What year range of Camaro T5 would be best?

Would the Camaro T5 have a better first gear ratio?

thanks
C-10cutty is offline   Reply With Quote