View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #11
skysoldier173rd

Re: crossmember completed/radiator installed

Having some brake problems. I switched to a newer m/c using a plate from Captain Fab. Bolts up great, no problems. Had good pedal, but it seems the back brakes were doing all the work. Blew out the line to the rear brakes yesterday and that confirmed my suspicions, had a runaway truck and had to shut it down and do some fancy moves to prevent disaster. Limped home with it, replaced the line and for some reason, someone had adjusted the front wheels so they didn't contact the drums. Took care of that one and immediate results. Got a great pedal now but for some reason it favors the passenger front sometimes. Other times its great and all 4 wheels seem adjusted perfectly. Seems like something is a little slow to work at times, but it does seem the more i drive it , the better it's working. Brakes are stock Drum/Drum with the upgraded m/c. It's running sweet, got those new flowmasters with the H pipe, kind of sounds like a mustang. Put on new cap, wires, plugs and changed the oil today. Also threw in a can of "Sea Foam". A friend recommended it and the engine sounds quieter now. Seems to be good stuff. Think i might of had a lifter that wasn't quite pumping up the way it should, but it's great now. Getting ready to start some sheet metal repair next week. Doesen't need much, great body on this one. I'll post some pictures.

www.picturetrail.com/skysoldier173rd

Last edited by skysoldier173rd; 10-27-2010 at 08:10 PM.
skysoldier173rd is offline   Reply With Quote