View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 10:21 AM   #898
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynton View Post
I’m glad you are figuring it out! I’m going to be starting on a 72 k5 and will be stealing all of your good ideas!
Can't wait to see your k5 build. Based on the others you've done it will be outstanding! Need to plan a meetup soon, I still haven't seen the green truck in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
That’s awesome! I never did a stand alone Pepsi challenge with the disconnects, but they were part of the setup on my K10 along with the ez ride springs and 5100 bilstiens. Overdrive is nice. My truck was a different animal with 4.10 gears (originally 3.08) in a good way.
I'd heard of the disconnects, but thought they were just for articulation in offroading. Had no idea they could improve road manners this much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
I just perused the whole thread, sharp looking truck, you did a mighty fine job bringing her back!

I hope mine looks anywhere close to that good when I am done with it!
Thanks MrBeast, I appreciate the kind words. I looked over the thread you started and was wondering how's he going to do a build in a marina? Just be warned these builds are a slippery slope. You get something looking new, then the thing next to it looks like crap, and...

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote