View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #24
jkade

Re: Calling all LS1 converted trucks.

You guys are paying a lot more for motors than what I can buy one for. I found a lq9 yesterday with brackets, intake, heads, throttle body, for a grand and I can get a complete lq9 for $1500.00. If you shop around and stay off ebay you can get a decent deal on these motors and trans. My brother bought a t56 a week or 2 ago for $1050 and a fully built one with viper internals for $1500. I hope to buy a lq9 or a lq4 and put some 243 or 241 heads on it, ls6 intake, billet fuels rails, larger injectors, cam, springs, and all the electrical and have no more than $2500 in it. I am sure I can do it for that price also if I shop around and buy from ls1 tech or performance trucks. It is good that my old man is on his 2nd genIII conversion and my brother has done 2 also, it should make mine very simple. Shifty I feel for you having that much tied up in the swap but you live and learn and you could save yourself a lot of money I bet if you could go back and do it over. Post up some pics of yours.
jkade is offline   Reply With Quote