View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 04:39 AM   #815
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

A post from a chap in Scotland

[quote author="@jimil" source="/post/2631345/thread" timestamp="1601222319"]Talking about VDO gauges, came across these today, IIRC they came out of an Audi coupe that my B-I-L scrapped years ago.

Any use to you?

[/quote]

My reply:

Hi Jimi, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Thanks for the post offer.

The plan is to fit, as you know a MX5 engine and gearbox.

There was some wiring loom in the container the other day when I went to look at the motor.

Not sure if it was part of the MX5 motor, but think so.

I am planning on buying a new loom, because it’s a plastic car and the cost vs constantly reconnecting, fault finding and swearing soon outweighs the cost of a new loom.

So if there is enough of the Mazda electrics, it would be good.

I need to go take a look to see if I still have a rev counter I may have given away before, or that could be in my truck parts pile, but I like he idea of a large rev counter.

Not sure if I will be able to, or if it would be worth trying to get the existing, weather beaten and rusted gauges back to function or just replace with good functional items.

I think decent parts are probably the right way to go though.

What do you need to have for these gauges?

I will send you a PM as well.

I also sent a PM and asked the price including shipping.

His reply posted to my question, weirdly, as I sent off the PM.

[quote"]What do you need to have for these gauges?

[/quote]FOC shipmate, they cost me nothing so it wouldn't be right to take anything for them. I hate throwing things away so they have been kicking about my garage for years because they "might come in useful one day" .......... Looks like that day has arrived [/quote]
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote