View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 04:02 PM   #824
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So my current postie is a lady called Sasha.

Suddenly I look forward to having parcels delivered, maybe I should order more stuff.

Working from home kinda sucks, it’s lonely, trust me.

She has been chatty, and in less of a rush to just throw your post or parcels at you, like an Aldi checkout assistant.

Today she delivered a small, heavy parcel. It surprised me.

Check the price of postage.

So the hinges I had bought for £13.50 had arrived.

I messaged @PaulY and mentioned the postage which was included in the price, kinda bothered me.

Before I could say what I planned, he suggested I offer to pay part of the postage back to the seller. There are many people right now in financial dire straits, selling stuff to keep alive.

So £3.50 off the £10.00 is £6.50 and £4.00 is probably 70% of the knock. Keeping up in the back?

So I messaged him

And this was his reply.

Hopefully Karma is happy too.

Life is good if you try spread a bit of the good.

Then I tried the hinges which are bloody heavy, like a pound of butter, up next to the mock up door.

Then outside to try them up against the Rezin Rockit, looks like the original hinges were a lot smaller.

There is also a significant space or rebate behind it where the door frame will fit in.

I spoke to Darren earlier too, asking if I could use his some of his tools at the shop.

I need to put a slight bend in the leading edge plates to deflect wind and allow a place to attach the net. Using my own home made metal bender may not be so tidy.

Darrens will do, thankfully.

I also asked if I could use his bead roller..... yup, roll a bead around the edge to create a but of strength and rigidity.

He replies that I was welcome to come over and use any tools, and that there was a cat waiting for attention.

Made me smile for sure.

Life is good yes.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote