View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 04:24 PM   #8
t300

Re: It’s time to decide on suspension and leaning toward air

Had the same q's you did before I did mine. My 10 cents canadian (c10, get it, get it) on air is

- you don't need to change bed height if not dropping to the ground
- mount air components on frame rail. see my thread for what I'm doing. all on pass side outer rail including tank. leave room in the back for rear tank.
- i made my own front control arm plates but they are cheap to buy. drives fine. no uneven tire wear.
- i didn't cup the arms
- i got a 5" pipe cut it and half and did a 'pipe notch'. less than 50% of way through height of frame rail, then welded the backside with a plate. in hindsight i should have made plates, would have been cleaner than the pipe and simpler to position/weld.
- use shocks, can either get drop shocks or better is to keep longer shocks and use front and rear shock relocation 'kit' or make your own so you keep the travel.
- i did drop spindles. i would do it again.
- i did manual bags. got sick of always adjusting them and hard to let someone else borrow the truck without a manual on how to operate it. currently putting in accuair eLevel.
- call Travis at AZproperformance for what you need, supporter of this board, great communication, great prices. get it all in one shot.
- lq4 is where its at!

I drive my truck to the dump, to the beer store, and haul all the heavy things from a garden tractor to quad to 52 pontiac. left it lwb, love it. no problems.
t300 is offline   Reply With Quote