Thread: Maggie's Custom
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #54
sunjester60

Re: Maggie's Custom

Hey Captain,

I am new to the thread as Budman56 said you are one of the best people who know when it comes to building trucks, especially the 60-66.

When I purchased my truck it looked like it was hit by the bondo train. And honestly I had no idea what I was buying. After paying someone to fix the body, prep and paint it, I found out something about my wife that I blew my mind. Long ago, in a galaxy far far away, she used to be the final QC at a paint and body shop. When I drove my truck home with a big smile, she came outside and said those painful words "I cannot believe my eyes that the person who painted your truck actually took pride in his work...was he blind?" Though it is a crappy prep and paint job, but at a distance she is hot.

Now I have drive train issues and the wife actually is on board with me to get 'er fixed. There's a knocking sound coming from the engine and it may be time to replace that 350. Since the motor is coming out, I want to replace the Turbo 350 tranny with a 700R4 (is this a good choice), and add a posi 3.73. Might as well put in the CFR alum headers and the 73-87 front end.

Any recommendations, assistance, threads, or any information to help me on my way is greatly appreciated.

SunJester 60
ps - I have no idea between a quick reply or the go advanced.

Sun Jester60
sunjester60 is offline   Reply With Quote