View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #60
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

1. A couple days before the counter top install, I remembered that I wouldn't be able to reinstall the front fake drawers to the cabinets once the sink was installed! I had to bust out the Wagoner sprayer to do just these two drawer faces. If you look back, these were smooth, but I decided I wanted a uniform look, so I drilled the center holes out (they were already pre drilled on the backside!) and installed matching hardware. Will this fool some people, yes
I also didn't like that they were originally "flush" with the cabinet, and the doors and other drawers are not (they use soft rubber bumpers to keep them "away" from the cabinet face. So I took anal to a whole new level and put 6 evenly spaced rubber bumper things (3 on the top, 3 on the bottom) to make the fake drawers look more "real." I really like how it turned out.

2. How it came out Also, it was going to be a couple weeks before the new counter tops would come, so I reinstalled the old sink, which apparently had a leak. It ruined my new paint job before I realized it had a leak! It turns out the sprayer hose had a crack! Oh well, It'll get fixed/repainted soon enough.

WOHOOO!!!

New counter tops! I friggin' LOVE it! I think we got a heck of a steal on it. 53 square feet of granite counter top, brand new stainless sink, and the install for under $2,200. We did go to local vendors and couldn't find anyone that could beat Lowe's deal. Basically, the sink was "free" and if you have Lowes install something in your home, you don't pay any sales tax, Lowes pays it, so that saved us another $150 almost!

3. Pic during the install. The install guys were all nice and did a good job. They had to shim my bar cabinet, which I knew was off a hair, by that point of my cabinet leveling, I didn't care anymore They didn't have to use shims anywhere else

4. You can see the first back splash going on...
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 10-20-2009 at 04:05 PM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote