View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 PM   #59
69c10stepside
Large Member

Re: '89 GMC C1500 build thread

Update for today..

Set the other front clip on the truck I had for it, along with the 442 hood.. Didn't really try to dial in the body lines that hard, as I need to have the fenders back off again to paint anyways, but I set it on to check clearances. Looks like I have more then enough to spare for what I am going to try to do with the ram air kit, just as long as it doesn't come down off of the hood itself in a bad way. There is absolutely no pictures of that ram air kit anywhere on the web as far as what it looks like on the hood side, disappointing to say the least, but that will be just that much more traffic that can be generated to us here!

Going after a radiator tomorrow, a/c brackets are going to be in tomorrow also, going to start fab work on what I need there hopefully tomorrow/Friday. I would really like to fire this thing off this weekend if everything can keep up the pace it has been going so far this week..

Found a new radiator off of craigslist, was intended to be for a 97 model 454 truck, has transmission cooler installed, got it bought for 75. The guy has the receipt for it being 300+ when he bought it, but something happened to the truck before he could install it and its past the return time at the place he bought it. Worth a shot I guess, should be about 4-6 inches overall wider then my current radiator..

Anyways, that is the daily up date, I will post pictures tomorrow of the front clip on the truck for grins.

1972 Gmc Jimmy

1972 Chevy C10 SWB Sold
69c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote