View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #65
jamyers

Re: 1969 C10 Longbed BubbaTruck

Next project is to go through the used 700R4 transmission that I picked up off of Craigslist. It's an '84 model, out of a Monte Carlo with a 305 engine. It had the smallest 2nd apply Servo, the 7-vane pump, and .420" Boost Valve in it, all light-duty items that are getting replaced.

The fluid looks great, I've found pretty much none of the gray pasty "mung" that worn automatics usually have inside them, and from what I can tell, at least the valve body and pump have been apart at some point in its history (non-oem seals and separator plate). The only thing that I've found wrong is that the purple spring for the 2nd Accumulator (valvebody side of the separator plate) was broken into several pieces (photo below).

This 700R4 Build Thread is invaluable!!!

I'm installing the TransGo SK700-G kit. I also have the Sonnax pinless Accumulator Pistons, as well as a TH350 Governor, and a new TransGo Separator Plate.

Am currently waiting on a new 10-vane pump, Corvette servo (it's hard to find a NON-Corvette one online, lol), and .500 boost valve to arrive from Amazon.

So I'm debating either going ahead with it as is and assuming / hoping that the friction materials have a decent amount of life left in them, or having them replaced while it's halfway disassembled.
Attached Images

Last edited by jamyers; 09-20-2017 at 03:14 PM.
jamyers is offline   Reply With Quote