View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 03:44 PM   #4
kingsolver72
10/30/19

Re: Opportunities then and now ...

About 2 years ago I got my step son a job at one of the carpet and furniture stores I subcontract out of. He worked in the warehouse and helped with deliveries while doing school. In the two years he worked there he saved almost every paycheck. He has gone to car shows with his “papa” since he was old enough to walk. Last car show they went to he came home with a 1979 Thunderbird. He paid the guy cash. He graduated this year. A couple of months a ago he moved to New Mexico (staying with relatives)working in a warehouse driving a fork lift. I pretty sure he is saving his money. I don’t think he will be there for very long. He talked to a few military recruiters before he left. We are still getting mail for him in regards to that. He’s not one to be on the computer too much and he doesn’t care about cell phones. He is a very bright young man and I think whatever he does he will be alright.

As for me... I’d still end up being a crusty old carpet layer... I’m just too dumb for anything else.
kingsolver72 is offline   Reply With Quote