View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 02:14 PM   #15
Killer Bee

Re: Transmission Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
I'm either going to pay the bucks and buy an Extreme Trans 200R4. Or go with Lee's Trans which has it all except Extreme's valve body is superior. Maybe even the assembly, some of the parts, machining etc.
Extreme has higher normal shift points (" Light part throttle about 2700 give or take 100 rpm") and higher WOT shift points (4800-5200 RPM).
Lee's allows you to hold whatever gear your in to higher RPM, which may not be such a big thing. Don't most trans do that?
It's a significant difference in $$, but I've been roadside due to a transmission failure and know that at such a point I would feel pretty stupid for not paying the extra $$.
just browsed those quickly, are you referring to a full manual valve body? I would imagine extreme would offer that.. just keep in mind if you've never owned one, that it requires shifting up and down just like a standard.. kind of a racing thing but gets annoying on the street..

if you're not budget strapped or expecting to shell it after one weekend at the strip, I would lean toward the extreme as it sounds a little more robust built for longevity but I'm no expert.. dyno tested is reassuring as well as the extensive positive reviews and customer photos with front wheels off the ground

good luck!