View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 09:11 AM   #113
Rednwhitec20

Re: 4x4 1971 K20 build

First picture is the side of the engine stand. I used 1.5" square tubing with a 1/4" wall thickness.

Second is the trans cross member, bolted in the same factory holes.

Third is from the bottom. You can see the washer spacers we used on the bottom of the stand with a bolt through them to keep them aligned. The cross member was not modified other than the corners were trimmed to get it in. It is about 8" from the front cross member.

Fourth shows the mounting plate and the sbc motor mounts. I had bought Mounting plates off of Merchant Automotive but it would be better off to build your own since they are too small to fit a sbc motor mount.

Overall I am very happy where it sits. The oil filter and housing sits right in the center of the frame rail which i think is nice. The starter can come out without moving the engine. I think I will have to put a resonator plug as my turbo silencer might sit too high. The only thing that was cut was a small piece up under the pedal to clear a sensor, and the tabs that were all around the trans tunnel were trimmed off. We may have to raise the floor up a bit above the transfer case, we will find out soon.
Attached Images

Rednwhitec20 is offline   Reply With Quote