View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #128
dillonv2008

Re: Kell's Two Cents - 1946 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokellurself View Post
Alright what's up guys, got a little update going on.

I picked up a driveshaft from a local dismantler. The wrecking yards typically move cars with fork lifts and bang up the driveshafts, but this place is the type to actually dismantle vehicles, so they had a decent one. I would have preferred a smaller steel one, but all they had were BIG ol' aluminum, late model ones. All good though. I took it and had it shortened at a local shop and got new U-joints while I was there.

I had been eyeing an issue with one of the crossmember I have going on. It looked really close coming out the tail shaft, and I figured I was going to have to address it but I wanted to get my actual driveshaft to see what I was going to have to do.

I had enough room to move the crossmember forward, above the end of the tailshaft. I had some steel ready to go so I cut it and trimmed out the ends. It's still a tight fit but seems like it's going to work just fine. I pulled the engine and could slide it back in without being inhibited by the crossmember whatsoever.

if you dont mind me asking where did you get the brake booster and the extended reservoir tank thing for it. also what radiator did you use!?? thank you
dillonv2008 is offline   Reply With Quote