View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 09:50 PM   #26
Dalton8688

Re: 1972 C20 long bed to short bed conversion question

It really was. Dad bought it back in the mid 80’s and by that time someone had already messed it up like that. He bought it from some Hispanic gentleman I believe in Oklahoma and when dad got it he ripped out the shag carpet the guy had put in it and a new seat cover and drove it back and forth to work until about 1995 then my older brother and sister used it to go back and forth to school and then my twin brother and I got it and it was dads dream for us two twins and him to make it a short bed and make it as factory looking as possible. Sad part is I don’t think dad ever did look under that thing to see what a mess someone made. To him it was just a truck but to my brother and I it was our way of showing what a work in progress looks like. So we built a 400 small block and beefed up the trans and off we’d go 16 year olds to car shoes and burnout contests and drag races with the truck we built. In the end everyone has a story to tell about their trucks but this one seems to just keep going and going.
Dalton8688 is offline   Reply With Quote