View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #11
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: My Frustration Level High

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I didn't know if I wanted to step into this one or not! I have a question. How much did you know about a '68 K1500 when you decided to go about this restoration? Ok. Well, you're learnin' . That too is what this restoration thing is all about. It ain't no kit

The spring width on 4wds changed to narrower after '68. '69 has the same drivetrain and was last year for V6. Steering changed in '70 as well as new transmissions and transfer case came out. Basically, drivetrain changed except rear. Then disc brakes on same front end in '71. A lot of people go with swapping to later components for convenience, parts availability, serviceability, upgrading. Restoring to original is never the easiest route. You take a direction and keep going until it's done. Maybe move to another thing when something gets frustrating. You'll get it done.
Hey Tim check out those 68 shifter rods man! All original and never been took off the truck 1968!
I got some better pictures of them than before!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote