View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 08:40 PM   #41
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: I got another one

Well yesterday late it cleared off so I took it for a spin. I wasn't very happy at all. It ran 22MPH not what I wanted to see at all.
So l took a chance and messaged Vic @ D&D motor's to see what he thought.

He told me to hook up my volt meter to the motor and see if I was getting full voltage to it. Huh I've never herd of doing this so I followed his instructions and sure enough it was only getting 27 volt to the motor out of 50. I have been working on golf carts for near 30 years and never herd of doing this, I learned a new trouble shooting technic today.
So we talked and I got to looking and testing stuff. I found that my throttle cable wasn't near tight enough to pull the throttle to wide open so it wasn't getting enough voltage. I did some tweaking to the cable and linkage and I'm right @ 30MPH now. I think it has even more but my road isn't long enough to get full speed before it hits the hill and then the stop sign. So next week while at the beach I will do some more testing and tweaking to it and get the max out of it.
I'm happy with the speed but as all of us know you never have enough!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote