View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 08:18 PM   #3548
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
A few years ago the bride and I were cruising down I-81 at Roanoke, VA in a 1970 SS 454 El Camino minding our own business and loving life when we hit a trailer jack laying in the center of the west bound lane.

The foot of the jack knocked a hole in the oil pan.

We called the Chevy dealer and they sent a rollback. They ordered me an NOS oil pan and had me back on the road the next afternoon. Great people.

Insurance paid for the whole thing.
I hate when that happens. But love when good people help you make the best of a bad situation.

My wedding? My bride to be and I rented a pavilion at Washington Monument State Park (the first Washington Monument) on South Mt in Boonsboro, MD, decorated it up, made the red velvet wedding cake at my sister's place (the one in Maine now) with my folks present, rode the Harley to the park, she changed into her wedding gown in the restroom building, we had a great time eating food we made, with my B.I.L. playing guitar and my sister (one in VA) sang our wedding song, and we rode off into the sunset (after she changed) for our honeymoon in the Shenandoah Valley. Such a beautiful and natural way to commence a disaster (eventually, that is )

Our wedding song. Duanne Allman playing with Cowboy:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 03-24-2023 at 09:27 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote