View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 11:42 PM   #32
Osker

Re: K20 basket case resurrection

I lifted out the transmission and transfer case. I’m running out of room to store components in the garage so I plan to keep everything in the same footprint of the frame by putting the trans and T case on dollies and storing under the frame that will be eventually raised on some sawhorses. Then when I get the axles off the frame they will be on dollies, and I can keep them under the raised frame and move them in and out as necessary. The dollies allow me to work on the axles when I get to that part.

I lifted out the trans by using some eye bolts, chain, and a snap ring to make a 3 point lift rig. There were only two bolts holding the trans to the adapter and both were on the passenger side. Top bolt was easy to get out. Lower bolt was more of a challenge, not much room to work with.

Once the bolts were out and a little wiggling the trans separated from the adapter and it was up and out of the way. I got it set on a Harbor Freight dolly and resting on 2 each 2x4’s that run long wise on the dolly, the flange of the transmission pan rests on the 2x4s and it’s well supported and easy to move around. I wrapped the tail up in some plastic bags and taped it down to keep it clean while it rolls around the garage.
Attached Images

Osker is offline   Reply With Quote