View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
56hotrodred

56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Okay heres hoping this works.

I have been working on this truck since joining this forum in about 2007 but have been away for a while.

I am the 2nd and 4th owner of this truck buying it back from a friend who I sold it to almost 40 years ago. I bought it back in 2007.

As you will see it is a mostly unmolested truck and originally came with a V8 engine and an automatic transmission. In addition it is a Canadian made 1/2 ton or as we call it up here a 1300. It is also a short wheel base with the big back window.

I am not sure I would do the frame swap again knowing what I know now so please no flaming. I am however happy with the progress and the way the truck sits on the frame. I spent very little money on the actual frame swap and mostly used parts from other chevy trucks I had sitting around here. I spent the time mocking it up and then had a friend who is a certified welder come and burn some rod!!!

This included shortening the frame by 2 1/2 inches, welding the new lower radiator supports, front and back cab mounts and raising the box a couple of inches off of the rear of the frame.

The two picture I have tried to attach are from last month when I last had it all together! It is now busted back down to the frame recently sand blasted and now almost ready for primer and paint.

If this experiment works, meaning the pictures will post, I will try to start a build thread.
Attached Images

56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote