View Single Post
Old 05-19-2002, 01:33 PM   #47
SCOTI

You mean someone would have money left over to modify a lightning after making the payment??? Anyone ever read about Chuck Samuels of 'Fastimes' out of Illinois. He had a 65 'camino a few years back that was plain jane looking & ran low 9's w/only 9" slicks & a stock GM 4-link & was streetable. I've seen several 'racecars' @ the track that couldn't touch that. Big block w/a bottle & you can hit 12's easy. I would rather have a plain street truck that clobbers unsuspecting opponents @ the track & leaves 'em wondering what the h@!! just happened. I believe the truck that was on that website discussed earlier used drag radials not street radials & in the DOT tire class for 5.0 racers Dwayne Gutridge ran consistent 1.50's for 60 ft. times w/325/50/15's BFGoodrich Drag Radials & fact f**d 4-link geometry. Money, time, & tuning are what it takes no matter what the vehicle is.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote