View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:57 AM   #70
XwalkerX

Re: regretted selling my '70 so i bought this '72

bump.
i havent updated this in a while and i realized im terrible at remembering to take pictures while i do this stuff...

so in the past month i replaced the o2 sensors (free of charge)*warranty from VatoZone* and i replaced the fuel pressure regulator/filter

i also noticed the charging system wasnt working too hot when i had my stereo on while using the AC so i ditched the 105amp alt for a 145 amp.
this then resulted in a new serpentine belt and while i was there i decided to charge my AC back up since it wasnt blowing very cold.

last night i finally changed out the beat up monroe shocks

prest-o change-o!

then i changed out these cab mounts

and boom. back to riding on a cloud...or something like that

while it was up in the air i greased up all the suspension and noticed a nail in my rear tire that was promptly pulled out then plugged.

i do actually go in for a tune at 2pm on friday at Blackbear Performance...FINALLY.

i have also been eyeing the Dakota Digital cruise control setup ($300) for my weekly drives to San Diego and started doing some research and found out i can just use the oem silverado cruise module which i scored on ebay for $30 and just have to come up with a means to set the system. a few guys sell the updated gm turn signal stalk with cruise control functions on it but i think it would look out of place so i just ordered up a toggle for power and a momentary to set. should get all that stuff this weekend and hopefully tackle it next week.

thats it for this update...
XwalkerX is offline   Reply With Quote