Thread: 47-55.1 Black headlights
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 03:37 PM   #16
mr48chev

Re: Black headlights

KC daylighters mounted on the splash apron where you would normally mount fog lights did the same as aircraft landing lights. Doing that depends a lot on the roads you normally drive at night. If you run over the pass to the south of me you need some good headlights at night. If you go over Chinook pass on highway 410 in Washington at night in the summer you want good lights as there are a lot of elk and deer on the road at certain times of the year and quite often the traffic is light at night as most drivers want to see the scenery going over it.

On the roads around here there are a high number of people who wander around at night in dark clothes. You need good lights to see them and pick them out on the side of the road and they often walk down the middle of the road at night.

Going from the road along the river up to the community where Hogfarm lives is a challange in the day time and I can just imagine running that road at night. Roads in that area have bends so tight you can see your own taillights.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote