Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #144
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

So the last time I drove the truck I was less than impressed with the drum brakes. Yes they worked fine. No they are nothing to write home about. My buddy gives me an entire disc brake setup. I am busy installing it at the moment. As all of the stuff I do it’s my way! I’m talking to my buddy whom was following me in his truck last time out when he mentions he would rather lead due to the smoke screen I’m dumping out of the left side exhaust pipe. Embarrassed but understanding I apologize for the smoke and make excuses for my junkyard motor. The wife says why don’t you fix it. Oh boy here we go I am thinking. @&*#$*&$#. Then I calm down and explain it’s just an old GM 305 that I wouldn’t lift a finger for. She laughs and says then what would you lift a finger for? I say a nice big block would get my attention of course. That’s right I am now looking for a new big block. All because my buddy says I put out a smoke screen. LOL. Oh well I will have the brakes to stop it now. Onward and upward.

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote