View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 10:43 PM   #12
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

you can swap the secondary jets with a screwdriver, but I really find it hard to beleive that you need fatter jets in the secondaries? The Comp XE in my 383 is .477/.480 lift, & 224/230 dur @ .050, & edelbrock rpm heads...... no flat spots in the powerband. I think i would look at float levels & maybe check fuel pressure. Edelbrock really does have good info on the website on the carbs, & tech support is good . I had to lean the cruise mode a tad on the 1407 on my 383, after I set float levels(one was off enough to foul plugs)....probably dropped in shipping? It still runs pretty rich @ idle, but responce is good. One thing to remember is that if it runs better cold, but doesnt run "crisp " when hot, the jets are too fat. You might even look at ign curve if you have a flat spot that wont dial out. Good luck,crazyL
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote