View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
ManNamedJed

Re: 1971 4x4 Suburban Project - the 'Family Adventure Wagon'

Scary part - cutting into your dash for new vents. I think they wanted to be sure you didn't cut this hole too big as the template was undersized, so there was lots of filing to make it fit. Note, I am not the one who cut the radio hole...

New side vents - required a 2 1/4" hole saw which apparently is not a common size. Was not in either of my hole saw kits, and wasn't available at Home Depot. Apex Saw - a local place - had it though, and it was priced the same as the ones at HD.

Center vent installed.

All the hoses run and ready to have the glovebox reinstalled (which is now about 3" deep unfortunately)

New AC compressor. Looks like they sent me the wrong length hoses, so I'm getting that straightened out.I think this might be due to the different engine mounting positions. CAA was really nice though and sent me new hose components, so I figured out how long I wanted them and a local AC place crimped them for me.

I didn't bother to take a pic of the stuff that goes in front of the radiator - which I had in and out about a dozen times before it was all done.
ManNamedJed is offline   Reply With Quote