View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 11:10 AM   #11
TheKorndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
I used an EZ Wiring harness, but unless you really like figuring things out on your own, I wouldn't recommend it. The Painless or AAW kits are way more user-friendly. When I started the build I had a tighter budget than I do now, which is why I went with EZ.

The alternator is a CS130, which is stock in the 98 Silverado. It's not a one-wire; it has the voltage wire (the red one) and an exciter wire (the white one).

I started out thinking I would use the whole AC system from a 98 Silverado, and I bought all new parts. I was able to do some modifications to make the evaporator fit the 72 box really well, and everything looked really good until I tried to bolt the radiator support back on. The condenser was too big, so I had to go back to the drawing board. What I ended up with was a condenser and refrigerant lines from an S10. I had to rebend the lines just a little bit to get them to work, and I had to enlarge the hole in the radiator support to line them up. I'm just finishing the wiring inside the cab and hope to fire it up this weekend.
I’ll have to double check the alt for this 97. Seems like it had a single wire coming out of the pig tail connector and the usual red wire off the back. Thanks again truckster, appreciate your input and experience.
Posted via Mobile Device
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote