View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #23
Surfdaddy

Re: 1961 GMC Project. Only a 3/4ton of work

Got a hood on Thrusday. Had to drive 185 miles one way to get one. I had a feeling things were going to be different when I asked for his address so I could meet him. He said his shop didn't have an address and to look for a bunch of cars on a lot when I got off the freeway. Well, I found his shop and when I asked for the guy some other guy said that he was at another yard and I would have to go there to see him. When I asked for the address the guy said it didn't have one and he gave me directions, kind of. Well, after 1/2 hour of trying to find this place I saw a lot with a bunch of VW's parked and I asked for the guy. They said they didn't know of him and what I was looking for. I told them a hood for my truck and they said that the wrecking yard down the street should have one. Well, this place is 150 acres and they did have one for a 61 , and it's was less than 1/2 the price the guy was going to charge me. I put wheels on the truck Thursday, sent the emblems to get rechromed, and ordered a bunch of parts from Truck Shop.
Attached Images

1966 Caprice 2dr
1970 VW Squareback
Surfdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote