View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 10:33 PM   #37
kxmotox247

Re: Project 68 - Radical Rebirth of my First Truck

Slow progress... too many things going on. I did get all of the sheet metal for the front end fitting reasonable. Close enough to start gapping it for real. Got the porterbuilt hinges in. The hood is a Keyparts hood made from their new tooling. It exceeds my expectations for repro sheet metal but admittedly the bar is pretty low. Also worth mentioning is that I had bought a cheap set of rubber hood cushions (OER) and they were miserable. Flimsy and didn't wouldn't fit into the fenders properly. I got a good set from GMCpauls and the density and thickness are drastically different. Pretty important since they really control how the hood fits. The porterbuilt hinges came from a board member and were new. However the sealed bags were short on hardware and a couple of bushings. I knew I was on my own since I didn't buy from a dealer. Porterbuilt wanted $40 for the missing bolts and bushings. Ouch. Not happy about that since everything was still sealed and obviously their fault. Luckily I work with some talented guys who quickly spun up some new bushings on the lathe. Been working on putting a new floor in a 57' Chevy. Maybe in a couple of weeks I can get back to the truck. New firewall to install and then on to finishing the outer rockers and cab corners now that I know the front end fits.
Attached Images

kxmotox247 is offline   Reply With Quote