View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 07:57 PM   #6
Love 70 Chevys

Re: 250 fan belt help needed please

I see what you are saying. That makes sense. So this is where I think I end up. I'll have one belt (Gates 7500) just like the diagram shows on the inside. In front of that I will end up with another belt that runs from the water pump pulley to the alternator. I tried going from the crank pulley to the alternator like your picture shows, but my alternator sits up a little "higher" and there is no tangent line between the two without the belt running into the water pump pulley. Everything clears if I go from WP pulley to the alt. The first belt ties the crank pulley to the WP pulley so I think it should still be fine as far as getting drive. Unfortunately, I have to hope there is a belt length that just about nails the required length between the WP pulley and alt pulley perfectly as there is very little adjustment with the PS pulley and that is the only thing that can move. Something that seems so simple can get complicated in a hurry can't it! Would like to get more of your thoughts on the topic, you have some good experience here.
Love 70 Chevys is offline   Reply With Quote