View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 07:59 PM   #15
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: Looking for advice on a DA Sander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 Burb View Post
I will buck the trend here and say don't buy any harbor freight air tools. I have replaced every single HF air tool I bought, they use way too much air and have no power, you will simply get frustrated when your sander spits water, freezes your hand or like the cutter, stalls every 5 seconds. Buy astro pneumatic or Igersoll Rand, buy right and once. If your main objective is stripping paint, get a variable speed polisher and get the attachment for the 7" disc and use 36 grit sandpaper. I use the cordless Milwaukie one and then you can use it for buffing after your done. I wouldn't use an air tool to strip paint, there is better options available.
Yes ^^^
The only thing about this is that it's not a "one tool to do it all" situation.
The palm style sanders are fine, the ergonomics are much better than other sanders, but I wouldn't use one to strip paint.
I wound use an electric buffer/polisher type unit to strip. This can be a more budget friendly tool.
Then get into a better name brand D/A or palm sander (CP, IR, etc) for the rest of the job. They are better balanced and more powerful while using less air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote