View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #13
LT1 Burb

Re: 65-66 Factory A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFUN View Post
Agree there was no code C60 ac option that either included or required ordering tinted or BBW options in 66. I have one 66 Custom Camper factory air truck with the small window and no tinted glass and still had remnants of the "AIR CONDITIONED" bowtie decal in the passenger side rear glass. I don't believe that decal was part of the dealer ac package either. It had a 327 turbo 400 ps and pb and the ac is factory installed. I have noticed after reading the accessory factory air kit installation instructions and by looking at four 66 factory style air conditioned pickups that the X bar in front of the condenser is removed for the ac install and then if it got put back on, it was to be bolted in versus the riveted in version from the factory radiator support. Also as cortcomp said above you can tell a clean factory installed stamped out ac dash and painted afterwards while a dealer install will have saw marks and raw edges for the vent cutout.
Did you notice too on the X-bars they are offset to give room for the AC condenser whereas the non-AC bars I believe are straight.
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote