View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:34 PM   #9
mike16

Re: Experts Question re: Dealer Added Factory Options

it looks factory to me. there is enough evidence out there to approch SPIDs with some caution. Most of the time they are crrect but often enough there are ty[ically errors of ommission as well.

Both of my trucks were purchased from the family of the origonal owners. no mods to increase values. but some options clearly origonal to the truck were not listed on the SPID for either truck. The reason I feal,certain that this is a mistake.... none of those ommitted options do anything to increase the value of the truck. Both trucks. And niether previos owner was aware of the spid plate in the glove box. none braged about the errors or hyped them up to increase sales appeal of the truck....both trucks.

regardless what the option is, it does not increase or decrease the likely hood that its ommission from the spid plate was other than a simple error.

in other words, AC is a big option and unlikely to be over looked when actually looking at the truck. But remember that its not the huge AC unit on the truck that was overlooked or ommitted in error. It was a single option listed on a spid plate, printed up in some room off the main assembly line that was ommitted.

Huge numbers of these trucks were comming off the assembly line each day, I read somewhere that GM hired an additional 6000 employees to work nights and week ends to fill orders. Vehicles comming off the line at that rate? do you, me or anybody else believe they had time to screw up a spid plate and reprint another corrected one.

I dont know. It would be very easy to tell if the cab is different from the origonal one ore it sombody added factory AC to thier cabe later.

look very closely at details and either possibility becomes clear. but dont discount a simple error of omission on the spid plate. Its happened enough that it does not defy belief.
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote