Thread: Cgt project
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 11:45 AM   #59
SCOTI

Re: Cgt project

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet57air View Post
Thank you for your opinion. Those were some of the reasons I went the way I did. Yes it is a personal thing, but want to see what others think.
I want my truck to handle. Yes 22's are not optimal for that, but I like the look. My front track width is 59" so when designing my frame I went with 59" for the axle because somewhere I read this is good. Set the B.S. on the wheels to fit my suspension. ( some do it the other way around).
My plan (according to MY math) is 10.5" w/4"BS on the rear. I know the housing is ~58" but I can't remember if that was w/the rotors on or not when I measured for a 'true' WMS-to-WMS dimension. So..... It could be it was slightly over the 58" mark. I know I'm under 59" max.

My front track width should be 60-61" (OE truck disc brake fronts @ 64; PB Dropmember -1.5", PB 1" narrowed arms, & CPP modular spindles -.5 x2= 60.5"). Wheels will be 8-9" w/5.25 - 5.50"BS.

I think your set-up will work well.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote