View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 06:31 AM   #16
Russ.W.

Re: My first LMC catalog arrived.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpus Monkus View Post
I am bummed. We just got a catalog as well and I was looking forward to start buying parts for our truck.

Depends what you buy, and depends who you talk to.

If you're looking for a specific part for your truck and want to know of a repro parts quality, this forum is a bonanza. A quick search will sort you out. 96% or parts and problems have already been discussed, to death. Don't use the forum search though ... use the custom Google search at the top. Look at the top bar of the forum and you'll see a search field. Enter the part type you're after; click on the "67-72chevytrucks.com" button (not the "web" button); then the Google button. It'll do a Google search of this forum (much more thorough than a search using the standard forum feature).

I've made 3 LMC orders.

One was for body panels - complete cab floor, cab corners, fenders, inner fenders, radiator support, outer rockers. All yet to be fitted, but after I received them I did some measurements comparing to what's already on the truck, and everything appears to be spot on. Well made. Appropriate metal thickness. Zero complaints.

Order two was for a few smaller items (pitman arm, body mount kit, front end fastener kit etc). All OK, except for the pitman arm. It didn't feel as solid as the Moog offering. This is from holding it in my hands. No idea on performance once installed and driven. The Moog part just feels better in your hand. Moog no longer lists the correct pitman arm for my application. I later found through this forum what will work - but until then, the LMC repoduction was my only choice, which is why I bought it.

The 3rd order - Upper and lower control arms (plus bushings and hardware) - are still en route.

Search on this forum for the part you need. If there is a genuine problem with the part/fit, someone will have sensibly commented on it, and explained how/why it's isn't right.

LMC has some great parts. If this forum is any indication, they also have some less than stellar parts on offer.

Other vendors do have certain parts of better quality.

Some vendors have the same parts as LMC, and sell for more.

As mentioned, do a thorough search. A few hours, whilst might seem daunting or simply a waste of time, pales in comparison to hard earned cash spent on ill-fitting rubbish.

Best of luck.

Last edited by Russ.W.; 03-15-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Russ.W. is offline   Reply With Quote