View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 09:29 PM   #9
Oldfashioned

Re: How a C10 purchase turned into insanity and Blazer builds

It is now January, Happy New Year, I am working diligently on the C10s but still doing my daily search. Low and behold I stumble across a affordable Arizona 1972 Blazer roller for sale. It’s 3ish hours north and believe it or not the same town the C10s came from. Is this destiny? The wife thinks not but what is it going to hurt to go look? It is everything the seller says. It needs a lot. The rear end cover looks like it has been off since 1974 exposed to the elements. The front leaf spring is broken so you can’t steer it. Driveshafts are missing, every panel is beat to death, one truck door, somebody welded a hitch to the frame, etc. It has a lot of good going for it though. Windshield frame looks solid, rocker boxes are intact, floors are good. It’s a decent find. So what happens next? I set the price that I would be willing to pay and won’t budge. The gentleman selling it comes very close to my bottom dollar but we can’t make a deal. I show self control and I walk away empty handed except that I made a new friend. He shows me his 65 C10 he has been working on and we vow to keep in touch. It’s unfortunate and just too much of a project and is missing too many things for me at this point in my life to tackle. The Misses can’t believe the trailer comes back empty. I get to sleep in my own bed that night.
Attached Images

Oldfashioned is offline   Reply With Quote