View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: tall deck 427 63 c30 issues HELP !!

I think with where you have the engine mounted, and the fact that you are running a manual trans, you would be best to find a set of big block shorty headers. No, I have not used them. When I installed the big block in my Suburban, I moved the engine forward, made my own motor moung brackets, and used the '73-'87 headers. Of course this is with a TH400. I can't say for sure if they will work with the mechanical clutch linkage, but that is about the only choice you have as far as I know. Also, no matter which headers you choose, with a big block you will have to trim the top flange of the frame alongside the engine. I usually use a '73-'87 frame as a reference as to where and how much to trim.

I do plan on a 454 for my '66 C30 eventually, but I will be moving the engine forward and converting to a hydraulic clutch.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote