View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 11:56 AM   #24
veltex

stumped

man I am still having a hell of a time with this, I have been ultra busy at work and been driving another truck, but thought I found the slightest intake leak (I think now it was the starting fluid evaporating and getting sucked in the breather and then thru pcv then making engine studder), so, re-did intake gaskets with Felpro 1212, thought that it might have been that I used Mr. gasket instead of Fel pro. No change, still mid throttle pinging, will change carb base gaskets today incase its that. Fattened up the carb with new rods, springs,no change. Plugs, no change. Timing up and down, no change. All vac lines seem good, fuel filter new. I may try my old Q-jet and see what happens. I have a question about performers, but will try new post to get help, what is the "low speed circuit" how do I get to it to clean it, and also can some one check there Performer carb w/electric choke and see if there is a small hole sucking air just under and to the front of the housing, facing directly sideways?
veltex is offline   Reply With Quote