Thread: Dumptruck Dolly
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 11:46 PM   #150
fishnixon

Re: Dumptruck Dolly

Between cold weather, snow, two kids in basketball, work… I haven’t had time to work on Dumptruck Dolly. I have been looking for parts in the meantime, and would consider the time being well spent… Tonight , I have secured the purchase of a 1968 K20 , 283 V-8 with 4 speed. I will be utilizing this truck for the transformation of Dolly into a four-wheel-drive dumper. I do not have pictures of the truck presently, but I do know the truck. History on this one goes back to 1994. I was working in Willmar Minnesota, and a farmer had this truck in his field, with a for sale sign. When I moved to Ely, I drove it home, but stalled out on highway 35 North when the distributor give up the ghost… The points worked themselves loose and you can imagine the rest of the story. After getting at home, I put dual exhaust on it, drove it around for a while, and then sold it to my brother. He did not use it much, it’s been parked in his driveway sinse 1996. Now it will come back home to me. When I dig it out of his snowbank, I will put up some pictures. 👍

Getting it out of the snowbank might take some time yet, and I may have time to work on the truck as it sits now with 2 Wheel drive, so if the moderators can hold off from moving this to the 4 x 4 section until I start tearing the K20 apart, that would be great. Thanks
fishnixon is offline   Reply With Quote